El Centro Comunal Latino (CCL) seeks an energetic and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal,
planning, and organizational skills; efficient, creative at solving problems, and knowledgeable of the local
community; and ability to work with a wide range of people specifically with the ability to effectively interact with the Latino population. Knowledge of Latino cultures and strong oral and written communication skills in both Spanish and English.
Title: Director/Health Projects Coordinator Position (29 hours/week)
Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2022
Job Description: The PRIMARY OBJECTIVE of the Coordinator is to organize and support the work of CCL. Under limited supervision, the Health Projects Coordinator (as funded by the Indiana Minority Health Coalition [IMHC]) performs a variety of tasks and projects that emerge from needs in our county’s Latino community. The Health Projects Coordinator is responsible for staffing the center during the center hours as well as providing administrative, programming, and outreach responsibilities. Depending on the qualifications and interests of the applicant, may also have additional project assignments. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Have basic knowledge of computers including database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Attend to responsibilities affiliated with the day-to-day operation of the office and act as point person on projects.
- Provide direct service to the community, specifically with respect as they interact with culturally and
linguistically diverse populations.
- Manage the interpreters’ network.
- Develop, and administer, and support health and other related programs and services in partnership with CCL
Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Build community relationships by staffing events at the center and off-site.
- Assist in building relations and collaborating with community agencies and organizations towards organizational
and financial support as well as coordination of health and related programs.
- Develop grassroots support for the mission and goals of CCL.
- Maintain the CCL image within the community (all segments).
Indiana Minority Health Coalition
- Represent accurately and appropriately the mission and vision of CCL to IMHC and in turn that of IMHC to its
various publics and CCL.
- Maintain effective communications between IMHC and CCL as management of allocated grant.
- Observe all IMHC policies and protocol, delivering a high quality of service and serving as a positive role model.
- Responsible for secondary duties or projects assigned.
- At least an associate’s degree and at least one year experience in working within a not-for-profit organization is
For more information or to apply (send resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org